Parts of Speech

I thought it might be helpful to put in a description of parts of speech, since they are a main part of grammar. I'm going to post a bit later about confusing words and knowing what I'm talking about would help. Also, I'd like a reference for myself. :) The following chart is from an ESL website called easypacelearning.com.


Sometimes the parts of speech are divided into 8 or 10 parts, so different people may have different opinions. But I am happy with the pretty chart with 9. There's so much more to it, but this covers the basics nicely. I can always go into more detail later- this is a blog, after all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Ane. I am a wife and mother of 3, soon to be an empty nester. Join me as I discover what I like to write.
Powered by Blogger.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Instagram

Instagram